About Sophie Rowan
Business and Coaching Psychologist, and author of Brilliant Career Coach – How to Find and Follow Your Dream Career’ and ‘Happy at Work – Ten Steps to Ultimate Job Satisfaction’ both bestsellers and translated into 6 languages.
Sophie Rowan is a qualified coaching psychologist with over 20 years experience in the field of individual and organisational transformation. Co-founder and Managing Partner at Pinpoint career specialists since 2000, she has worked across all areas of the People and Talent discipline from Assessment and Selection, Training, Coaching and Career Development as well as Outplacement and Redundancy Counselling. Her expertise is applicable at all levels of the organisation up to CEO level, and across the public, private and voluntary sectors. Sophie is passionate about her work and her core skill is in building a constructive and trusting dialogue with her client, and facilitating real and lasting change.
Sophie has undertaken coaching and OD as part of her Masters degree in Organisational Psychology and as part of her Advanced Practitioner training in Emotional Intelligence with Dr. Martyn Newman. She is a member of the Special Group in Coaching Psychology within the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a member of the Division of Work and Organisational Psychology with the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI), and a member of the Coaching Psychology Group (PSI). She regularly speaks at company and industry events on the topics of workplace well-being and strengths-based career management.
Areas of Expertise:
- Design and delivery of tailored and solution focused coaching programmes
- Psychometric profiling at all stages of employee life cycle
- Bespoke management and leadership development
- Interviewing and Selection processes
- Career development programmes for individuals and organisations from graduate entry to senior level
- Job Satisfaction / Employee Morale and Well-being surveys and solutions
- Career Transition, Outplacement and Redundancy
- City University, London, MSc Organisational Psychology 2000
- University College Dublin, BA (Hons) Psychology
- Registered Psychologist with Psychological Society Ireland (PSI)
- Graduate member of British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Experienced psychometrician with over 20 years using a wide range of profiling tools.
- Emotional Intelligence Advanced Practitioner (EQi)
- Expert user of Saville WAVE and Hogan Suites
Sector Experience: Financial Services, Professional Services, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Public Sector / Government, Third Sector