About Dr Esther McGuinness
Dr Esther McGuinness is a Senior Lecturer in Law. She holds an BA Hons degree in law and a PhD from Ulster University and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Authority.
Esther has a background in nursing and in trade union representation. In 2004, she undertook further training in Labour Law and Human Rights at the European University Institute, Florence. She initially worked as a Teaching Fellow at the Transitional Justice Institute (TJI) before joining the School of Law as a Lecturer in 2004. She is currently an Associate Director of the Ulster Law Clinic, Director of Development and Alumni Relations within the School of Law.
- Member Institute of Employment Rights
- Member Committee on the Administration of Justice
- Member Amnesty International
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- Faculty Responsibilities:
- Associate Director, Ulster Law Clinic
- Director of Development and Alumni Relations