About David Fagan
David Fagan is an Irish privacy lawyer. Previously he was a partner in Eversheds, a large global law firm and headed the Irish data privacy unit. A number of years ago he set up own consultancy practice in conjunction with a number of other equally experienced lawyers and professionals.
Some of the matters that David has been involved in are:
- Managing multi-jurisdictional privacy projects across Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Co-ordinating compliance teams and operational teams to achieve multi-jurisdictional compliance, whilst meeting commercial goals.
- Advising on the former Safe Harbor and Privacy Shield schemes, GDPR, ePrivacy and GDPR issues for non-EU companies, particulary in relation to BREXIT.
- Dealing with transactional privacy work, access requests, due diligence etc.
- Dealing with Data Privacy issues and prosecutions in the Courts, and with the Irish Data Protection Commission (DPC).
- Advising on practical matters such as Privacy notices, storage issues, dealing with the DPC, transferring data to non EU servers, marketing restrictions and the entire range of non-contentious matters that arise in a Privacy compliance context.
- Providing legal Opinions on whether or not a particular practice or method of operation is lawful from a Privacy law perspective.
- Auditing businesses at their request to ascertain their Privacy Law and GDPR compliance.
- Supporting and assisting business, public bodies, and other organisations to be as efficient and cost effective as is legally or commercially possible.
David is pleased to be a sounding board for organisations, and welcomes both legal and practical questions, and is happy to provide practical guidance and advice.