Latest in HR Updates

HR Updates

We’ve found 505 results

Features

What It Means to Be Inclusive

Posted in: HR Updates on 05/02/2020 The word inclusive goes hand-in-hand with diversity which in turn makes us think of celebrating differences within and outside the workplace. On the other hand, equality is about compliance and safeguarding those with a protected characteristic, arguably creating a ‘them and us’ culture. Diversit...
Features

[Podcast] Making a Success of Succession Planning

Posted in: HR Updates on 17/01/2020 Rolanda: Welcome to the HR Bitesize podcast series and conversation with Clarendon Executive. Clarendon Executive works with companies across Northern Ireland to help maximise their leadership capabilities across all aspects of the employment lifecycle from executive search through to organisationa...
This article is listed under the following topics:
Podcast
Features

[Podcast] Flexible Working by Default – a Discussion

Posted in: HR Updates on 17/01/2020 Interviewer: Welcome to the "HR Bitesize Podcast" series in conversation with Clarendon Executive. Clarendon Executive works with companies across Northern Ireland to help maximise their leadership capabilities across all aspects of the employment lifecycle from executive search through to organisa...
This article is listed under the following topics:
Podcast
Features

[Podcast] Dealing with Challenging Behaviours in the Workplace

Posted in: HR Updates on 16/01/2020 Rolanda: Welcome to the HR Bitesize podcast series in conversation with Clarendon Executive. Today, we are joined by Hugh McPoland and Mairéad Regan, associate consultants at Clarendon Executive to discuss dealing with challenging behaviours in the workplace. Working with Difficult People I think ...
This article is listed under the following topics:
Podcast
Features

[Podcast] Coaching and Mentoring – the Same or Different?

Posted in: HR Updates on 16/01/2020 Rolanda: Welcome to the "HR Bitesize Podcast" series and conversation with Clarendon Executive. Clarendon Executive works with companies across Northern Ireland to help maximise their leadership capabilities across all aspects of the employment lifecycle from executive search through to organisatio...
This article is listed under the following topics:
Podcast
Features

The Changing Role of the Sales Function in 2020

Posted in: HR Updates on 16/01/2020 Not long ago, the successful salesperson was a product expert, a features master and, if she or he was a real winner, would have known their competitors’ products in as much detail as their own. Relationship was king; with sales success often based on past experiences and trust built during ‘coffee...
This article is listed under the following topics:
Recruitment and Selection HR Matters NI
Features

Happy New Decade

Posted in: HR Updates on 07/01/2020 Not only have we entered a New Year but also a brand-new decade. As we say goodbye to 2019 many of us will be adjusting back to working life which can be challenging no matter how much we love our jobs. Personally, I take full advantage of the lie-ins, overindulgence and lack of routine during the ...
Features

The Stress Test – The Changing Face of Psychometric Assessment

Posted in: HR Updates on 17/12/2019 With 85%[1] of decision-makers within HR admitting their organisation has made a bad hire and 39% of employers admitting that their candidate interviewing and assessment procedures could be improved, how relevant is psychometric testing to the modern workplace? Legal Island talks to Heather Angioli...
This article is listed under the following topics:
Recruitment and Selection
Features

Health, Wellbeing and Data

Posted in: HR Updates on 05/12/2019 Last week I attended a breakfast briefing on a data driven approach to health and wellbeing. This was a timely event given that I am about to embark on our health and wellbeing plan for the year ahead. It is essential that employers adopt a holistic approach to health and wellbeing but at a minimum...
Features

The Changing Face of Work

Posted in: HR Updates on 04/12/2019 UK businesses are in the midst of an epidemic – and that is employee disengagement. Only 11% of UK employees are highly engaged[1], which means the other 89% aren’t delivering for your business or your customers.It has also been reported that as many as 1 in 10 regularly feel miserable at work[2] ...