Why is cyber security training important?
Recovering from a cyber attack can be difficult and costly – if not impossible. As new security threats emerge every day, businesses need to be strategic and proactive in their approach to cyber security.
The impact of a successful cyber attack on an organisation includes:
- The financial cost of an attack due to the theft of money or information which could lead to disruption to trading or loss of business
- Reputational damage possibly resulting in customers losing trust in you and taking their business elsewhere
- Legal consequences such as fines and regulatory sanctions could be imposed from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Organisations can now face fines of up to 4% of annual global turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater
According to a Cyber Security Breaches Survey, in 2018, 43% of UK businesses identified cyber security breaches or attacks in the last 12 months.
Click here to get FREE instant access to review Legal Island’s Cyber Security in the Workplace eLearning training on behalf of your organisation
Who needs cyber security training?
Advice from data protection experts is that cyber security training is completed on day one of employment and then refreshed regularly to ensure all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities in protecting your organisation and themselves from a cyber attack.
A recent report, PwC Global State of Information Security Survey 2018, found that employees are responsible for 27% of all cyber security incidents.
What does this course cover?
This course was designed specifically for organisations based in Northern Ireland by a team of cyber security experts.
Topics covered within the course include:
- What is cyber security?
- Types of threats including – DDoS attacks, data theft, web application attacks, ransomware, password attacks and phishing
- Impact of a cyber attack
- How to protect yourself and your organisation
This online course is regularly updated and has been developed using real-life scenarios. The course includes an assessment at the end (with a minimum pass score of 80%), ensuring all staff are kept fully updated on the law and aware of the risks associated with a cyber attack within your organisation.
How long does this Cyber Security training take?
The course will take no longer than 60 minutes to complete including an assessment. Each member of staff will receive their own personalised certificate upon successful completion.