Employment Law at 11 - September 2022Posted in : 'Any Questions' Webinar Recordings on 2 September 2022
Employment Law at 11: Feeling the pinch? Cost of Living Special.
Christine Quinn from Legal Island will discuss your employment-related questions with Seamus McGranaghan from the employment team at O'Reilly Stewart solicitors.
1. Real wages fell at a record rate between April and June as the cost-of-living crisis took hold and inflation slashed the value of workers’ pay, official figures show. When the effect of rising prices is considered, pay including bonuses declined 2.5 per cent in the latest quarter compared to a year earlier.
Seamus answers your questions, including:
- What are an employer’s legal obligations in relation to providing financial support?
- Contractual pay rise v one-off
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, register today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
Recent Webinar Recording
- Employment Law at 11 - 2nd February 2024
- Ten Ways to Get Started with AI in HR
- Unlocking the HR Advantage: 2024 Recruitment Trends and Strategies - with MCS
- Chief Constable of Police Service of Northern Ireland v Agnew - What Does this Mean for you?
- Employment Law at 11 - October 2023 - Cyber Security Special
- ChatGPT Introductory Session
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.