TUPE Update: Automatically Unfair Dismissals; EU Acquired Rights DirectivePosted in : TUPE Updates on 9 May 2019
In this Update we report on the automatic unfair dismissal TUPE case of Hare Wines Ltd v Kaur. And we take the opportunity to note activity at European Court level on the EU Acquired Rights Directive.
TUPE and automatically unfair dismissals
In Hare Wines Ltd v Kaur  EWCA Civ 216 the Court of Appeal (Underhill and Bean LJJ) has upheld the decision of the employment tribunal and the EAT (noted in our TUPE Update in October 2018) that the dismissal of an employee (Mrs Kaur) shortly before the transfer (because the new employer wanted to avoid employing her in view of ongoing difficulties
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More TUPE Updates
- TUPE Update: Construction of an indemnity clause; Continuity of employment; Automatic unfair dismissal
- TUPE Update: “Successor Employers”, Reinstatement Orders, Contractual Variations
- TUPE Update: Suspension of Activities; Scope of Regulation 3(5); Automatic Unfair Dismissal
- TUPE Update: Service Provision Change; Share Sale and Transfers South of the Border
- TUPE Update: Transnational Transfers; Personal Injury Liability; and SPC
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.