Our Top 5 From 2020Posted in : Supplementary Articles NI on 7 January 2021 Issues covered: Reasonable Adjustments; Diversity & Inclusion; Covert Recordings; Data Protection; Managing and Motivating Remote Workers; Redundancy; Coronavirus/COVID-19; Brexit
Well, 2020 was certainly an interesting year and we thought we would celebrate the New Year with a review of our top 5 offerings from 2020.
- Guidance for Employers in Making Reasonable Adjustments – we launched this guidance at our Annual Review of Employment Law in November 2020. Developed in association with Jones Cassidy Brett Solicitors, with employers in mind, to help bring guidance and resources for the making of adjustments for disabled applicants and employees into one user-friendly publication.
- Diversity and Inclusion Forum – the D&I Forum introduced in 2020 provided a platform for debate and discussion around important D&I issues and included topics such as should gender quotas be compulsory in the workplace or the importance of the Black Lives Matter movement. You can listen again to the discussions here.
- Annual Review of Employment Law – we were delighted to be able to bring you our Annual Review of Employment Law – albeit virtually - but with no loss of interesting and relevant content and with a fantastic networking facility. Reviews were wonderful and we had so many amazing sessions including this session on Covert Recording in the Workplace from Louise McAloon, Worthingtons Solicitors – enjoy!
- Webinars – as always Legal Island rose to the challenge and provided our customers with a wide range of webinars to help address the challenges faced as a result of the pandemic including our regular Employment Law@11 with Seamus McGranaghan, O’Reilly Stewart Solicitors, answering your many and varied employment law questions and also subject specific webinars such as a Data Protection Update with Anna Flanaghan, Pinsent Masons and Managing and Motivating Homeworkers in the New World of Work with our own Barry Phillips and a panel of local experts. You can listen to all our webinars here.
- Articles – our expert contributors continued to provide a wide range of HR and employment law articles to help address key HR and employment law issues that arose, often as a consequence of the pandemic. This included our regular First Tuesday Q&A with Arthur Cox and How Do I Handle It with Tughans, monthly features as well as a new feature providing tribunal guidance from Kennedy’s. Plus, we developed a free Coronavirus/Covid-19 section with loads of free information to help guide you through the pandemic. And now we’ve developed a new section to help guide you through the challenges presented by Brexit.
Our top 5 articles from 2020 are set out below:
- Can we insist employees take unused annual leave or should they be allowed to carry it forward due to COVID-19?
- Is an employee that rejects an offer of suitable alternative employment entitled to notice pay in a redundancy scenario?
- Failing to Adhere to Covid-19 Hygiene Rules – How Do I Handle It?
- Implementing Proactive Organisational Change in a Fast-Changing World
- The New Immigration System: Essentials for HR
You may also be interested in:
This article is correct at 07/01/2021
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.