Virtual Redundancy Consultation During FurloughPosted in : Supplementary Articles NI on 7 October 2020
As the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) comes to an end on 31 October 2020, many organisations may be contemplating redundancies, particularly as the new Job Support Scheme (JSS) requires a more significant contribution to wages from employers.
Further to Jones Cassidy Brett's briefing on the 10 key considerations for redundancy consultation, this article gives 5 additional points to bear in mind when consulting with furloughed employees as well as a brief update on the CJRS Job Retention Bonus.
More on Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Are you able to make people redundant whilst they're on the extension to the furlough scheme?
- Implementing Redundancies: Five Questions to Ask Yourself to Ensure a Fair Process
- When can LIFO be used in a redundancy selection in Northern Ireland?
- Employment Law Discussion of Home-working, Cash Shortages and Redundancy
- Gorton v TJ Crompton Ltd 
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.