Non-Coronavirus Employment Update with Mark McAllisterPosted in : Supplementary Articles NI on 6 April 2020
Our Annual Review regular, Mark McAllister, Director of Employment Relations Services with the LRA, discusses recent and upcoming developments in employment law.
- Annual rate increases in SMP/SSP/Weekly Rate of Pay, etc.
- Changes in the National Minimum Wage
- Gender Pay Gap reporting delay in GB – potential impact.
- Update on the progress of Early Conciliation.
- Holiday pay and overtime update.
- GB/NI Differences:
- Statements for Workers from 6th April
- Extension of the holiday pay reference period
- End of Swedish derogation contracts
- Agency Workers 'Key facts' page
- Parental bereavement leave
Scott: Good afternoon, everybody.
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More on Pay
- McElmurray v Western Urgent Care Ltd 
- Comparative Employment Law Table: Northern Ireland, Ireland and Great Britain
- Salary Increase Instead of Pension Contributions – Can an Employer do This?
- Cost of Living Crisis – Employment Issues Arising?
- Remuneration of Part-time Firefighter Calculated by Principle of Pro Rata Temporis
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.