Weekly Review of Developments 22/4/2022Posted in : Weekly Review of Developments on 22 April 2022 Issues covered: Case Law; Discrimination and Equality; Shift Workers; Digital Resilience; Gender Pay Gap
This week's top stories:
- Over two thirds of shift workers say that their health has suffered as a result of their work schedule
- Young women (aged 25-29) face a 7.2% unadjusted gender pay gap at the start of their professional careers in the labour market
- A breastfeeding teacher has won a sexual harassment case after her school humiliated her by making her express milk in dirty toilets or the car park
- In the US, a man has been awarded damages of $450,000 as a result of suing his former company over a fallout from a surprise birthday celebration
- South of the border, parents will receive five days of unpaid leave to look after sick children under new draft legislation signed off at the Irish
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
This article is correct at 22/04/2022
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.