Weekly Review of Developments 5/4/2019Posted in : Weekly Review of Developments on 5 April 2019 Issues covered:
Brexit: It’s like that Donny Osmond song updated for the age – Help meh, help meh, help May, plee-ee-ee-ease…
What we learned this week:
- Our latest Any Questions webinar is on today at 11.00. Register here to join in.
- Firefighters are entitled to increased pensions if they earn additional allowances - a ruling that could impact on many employers;
- EU Settlement Status Scheme - Eversheds Sutherland find some certainty amidst the Brexit fog;
- Changes to the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage came into effect on Monday 1st April;
- The gender pay gap in GB has widened in favour of men at nearly half of the UK's biggest employers over the past year
And here's this week's
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
This article is correct at 05/04/2019
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.