Weekly Review of Developments Issued: 30/07/2010Posted in : Weekly Review of Developments on 30 July 2010 Issues covered:
"What a drag it is getting old," sang the young Mick Jagger. And now we can't even look forward to retirement at 65. Well said, Mick (aged 67 and not retired). Here is the news...
1. Government Announces Plan to Abolish Default Retirement Age
2. Changes to NMW Rules in January 2011
3. New UK Legislation Website (Fantastic)
4. You Don't Have to be Gloomy Here but it Helps
5. Making Work Meaningful
6. Making Work Safe and Healthy
7. EU H&S Legislation Update
8. HSE Publishes Annual Report 2009/10
9. What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate
10. Coalition Bored of the Board
11. Quinn Fails to Make it Through the Back Door
12. Case Law
NOTE: Case law section essentials this week - EAT rules
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
This article is correct at 06/08/2015
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.