Can employees serving their notice period be claimed for through the CJRSPosted in : First Tuesday Q&A NI on 2 February 2021
This depends on the claim period. For claim periods relating to November 2020, employers can claim for a furloughed employee who is serving a notice period. However, for claim periods starting on or after 1 December 2020, employers cannot claim for any days on or after 1 December 2020 during which employees are serving a contractual or statutory notice period.
For claim periods starting on or after 1 December 2020 employers will need to move employees out of the extended CJRS once their notice periods commence. Employees will be entitled to full pay for their notice periods. If an employee subsequently starts a contractual or statutory notice period on a day covered by a previously submitted claim, the employer will need to correct the claim.
Grants cannot be used to pay or contribute towards statutory redundancy payments.
Latest on Coronavirus/Covid-19
- Can An Employer Commence Disciplinary Proceedings Against Employees Who Refuse To Have A COVID-19 Vaccine?
- What Are The Potential Discrimination Risks Associated With Requiring Employees To Have The COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Kubilius v Kent Foods Limited 
- Performance Conversations and Motivation of Remote-based Millennials
- Can Our Reopened Schools Be Safer?
- Future Trends and the Road Ahead in Human Resources
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.