If an employee has been advised to self-isolate but a test shows they are negative for COVID-19, can they return to work before the self-isolation period is up?Posted in : First Tuesday Q&A NI on 6 July 2020
Yes, once an employee has received a negative COVID-19 test they are able to return to work provided that they feel well enough to do so.
More on Absence and Sickness
- Paid parental bereavement leave introduced in Northern Ireland
- Comparative Employment Law Update March 2022 [Webinar]
- UK Covid-19 Restrictions Update
- Parental Bereavement Leave: What Protections/Rights Does An Employee Have?
- What notice should employees give in order to take parental bereavement leave?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.