If an employee has been advised to self-isolate but a test shows they are negative for COVID-19, can they return to work before the self-isolation period is up?Posted in : First Tuesday Q&A NI on 6 July 2020
Yes, once an employee has received a negative COVID-19 test they are able to return to work provided that they feel well enough to do so.
More on Sickness & Absence
- Can we ask for evidence if an employee has been advised to self-isolate?
- Are employees who are self-quarantining following a foreign holiday entitled to SSP?
- How can we ensure that employees inform us if they are told to isolate as part of the test and trace system?
- Managing Absence From Work
- Putting Vulnerable Employees on Furlough – How Do I Handle It?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.