If an employee has been advised to self-isolate but a test shows they are negative for COVID-19, can they return to work before the self-isolation period is up?Posted in : First Tuesday Q&A NI on 6 July 2020
Yes, once an employee has received a negative COVID-19 test they are able to return to work provided that they feel well enough to do so.
More on Sickness & Absence
- Leach v Hillcrest Children’s Services Ltd 
- Creating a Mental Health Strategy
- Sickness Absence – Policy and Procedure Tips to Manage Short Term Persistent Absences
- Dealing with Long-term Sickness Absence – How Do I Handle It?
- Does the right to be accompanied apply at a meeting to discuss an occupational health report?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.