Due to cancelled MOTs my company vehicles cannot go on the road and I have no alternative work for my employees, what can I do?Posted in : First Tuesday Q&A NI on 4 February 2020
This impact of this problem should now be significantly reduced due to the issuance of exemption certificates for vehicles over four years old. Even if your company vehicles are four years old and therefore fall in to the unfortunate gap, they will be prioritised when re-booking MOTs, so you should ensure that you do not delay re-booking the tests, particularly as three MOT lifts have now re-opened in Northern Ireland. Some businesses are also considering booking MOT tests in Stranraer to ensure that their vehicles continue to be road-worthy.
As it would be unlikely that all company vehicles will fall within the gap along with the fact that more testing lifts are beginning to re-open,
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More on Contracts of Employment
- Amdocs Systems Group Ltd v Langton 
- Royal Cayman Islands Police Association v Commissioners of the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service 
- Is it lawful for a contract of employment to make payment of salary conditional?
- If An Employer Had A Policy Of Only Offering Fixed Term-Contracts-to Applicants Who Are Not Entitled To Permanently Reside In The UK Would Be Racial Discrimination
- In the case of a student who carries out hourly-paid work during school vacations would their holidays accrue during the unpaid absences from work?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.