What constitutes “one establishment” for collective consultation purposes?Posted in : First Tuesday Q&A NI on 7 May 2019
Collective redundancy is a highly contentious issue and we recommend that bespoke legal advice is sought if your business is experiencing a potential redundancy situation.
Firstly, an employer who is proposing to dismiss as redundant 20 or more employees at “one establishment” within a period of 90 days or less must meet the following legal requirements:
- Complete and submit Form HR1 which can be found on the Department for the Economy’s (“DfE”) website. Late notification or failure to notify, is a criminal offence and the employer may be liable to a fine; and
- Consult with employee
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More on Redundancy & Reorganisation
- DW v Nobel Plastiques Iberica SA 
- Redundancy During Maternity Leave
- Redundancy Payment Limits
- Employment Law at 11: Whistleblowing; Redundancy Payments; Compromise Agreements; Fair Employment Monitoring; & More
- Can prescribed information under the ERO 1996 be given via email in a collective redundancy situation?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.