Golden Rules of the Employee Handbook: Creation, Status, Management and AmendmentPosted in : The Essential Elements of the Employee Handbook on 31 January 2019
The recruitment of a new employee will usually involve careful preparation and negotiation of appropriate contractual terms including salary, benefits, hours of work and holiday entitlement. The employee handbook is of equal importance but can often be overlooked.
Having appropriate policies and procedures in the workplace is essential to the day to day operation of a business and the employees who work there. As well as providing an opportunity for the company to introduce employees to its ethos and values, the handbook crucially sets out the standards that are expected from employees. It also explains the standards that employees should come to expect from the management team.
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More on Contracts of Employment
- Amdocs Systems Group Ltd v Langton 
- Royal Cayman Islands Police Association v Commissioners of the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service 
- Is it lawful for a contract of employment to make payment of salary conditional?
- If An Employer Had A Policy Of Only Offering Fixed Term-Contracts-to Applicants Who Are Not Entitled To Permanently Reside In The UK Would Be Racial Discrimination
- In the case of a student who carries out hourly-paid work during school vacations would their holidays accrue during the unpaid absences from work?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.