Payment for Self-Isolation on Return from AbroadPosted in : Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion on 11 September 2020
Scott: "If an employer requires an employee to travel to work to a different country and on their return the employee has to quarantine for 14 days, is the employer required to pay the employee for this isolation period, as it is a result of work-related travel required by the employer? Or is the employee required to take annual leave as if they had travel for personal reasons?"
Secondly, "Should the employer provide pay for the accommodation of employees who have to quarantine as a result of work-related travel?"
Presumably at either end. So you arrive there for a business meeting, and then you have to quarantine when you're there, and then you come back, you're quarantined. But if there
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More from Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion
- Does the chief executive have the right to view sensitive personal data without an employee’s consent?
- Is full pay (inclusive of a standard overnight allowance) due when employee is on annual leave?
- Can we continue to pay a set fee for sleep-in shifts as a result of the recent Mencap case?
- What is an employer’s obligation to make reasonable adjustments when undisclosed by employee during initial application?
- Employee caught breaking lockdown rules on social media, can employer require a COVID test from them before returning to work?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.