I have a member of staff on long-term sick leave, can I furlough them?Posted in : Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion on 6 November 2020
Seamus: Yes, the guidance provides the option for the employer to furlough someone that is in long-term sick leave. And there's a discretion for the employer to do that within the guidance.
More on Sickness & Absence
- Creating a Mental Health Strategy
- Sickness Absence – Policy and Procedure Tips to Manage Short Term Persistent Absences
- Dealing with Long-term Sickness Absence – How Do I Handle It?
- Does the right to be accompanied apply at a meeting to discuss an occupational health report?
- Does the chief executive have the right to view sensitive personal data without an employee’s consent?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.