I have a member of staff on long-term sick leave, can I furlough them?Posted in : Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion on 6 November 2020
Seamus: Yes, the guidance provides the option for the employer to furlough someone that is in long-term sick leave. And there's a discretion for the employer to do that within the guidance.
More on Absence and Sickness
- Paid parental bereavement leave introduced in Northern Ireland
- Comparative Employment Law Update March 2022 [Webinar]
- UK Covid-19 Restrictions Update
- Parental Bereavement Leave: What Protections/Rights Does An Employee Have?
- What notice should employees give in order to take parental bereavement leave?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.