I have a member of staff on long-term sick leave, can I furlough them?Posted in : Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion on 6 November 2020
Seamus: Yes, the guidance provides the option for the employer to furlough someone that is in long-term sick leave. And there's a discretion for the employer to do that within the guidance.
More on Sickness & Absence
- What are the new statutory sick pay rules?
- Employee Handbook Series 2021- A Year in Review
- How can employers manage someone back into the business when they've been off with stress and do not want to engage with HR?
- What is the advice surrounding terminating staff off work with long Covid?
- In relation to long-term absences, what is an appropriate timeline for employers wishing to evoke the disciplinary process?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.