What can we expect from a HMRC NMW inspection?Posted in : Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion on 7 June 2019
We've been informed by HMRC, they're coming in to conduct a national minimum wage inspection. What can we expect and how can we prepare?
Scott: At least they told them.
Seamus: Yeah, well, that's a good heads-up, I mean, to take a frank and honest approach. I've never really had to legally be involved in an inspection that's taking place. That's probably more of what an accountant would do. And certainly . . .
Scott: And you've got good clients, so they . . .
Seamus: Well, they tend to be, although it doesn't be a bad time whenever sometimes clients make errors and you can get some work out of them then. But yeah, I mean, look, the basics are that
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More from Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion
- Does the chief executive have the right to view sensitive personal data without an employee’s consent?
- Is full pay (inclusive of a standard overnight allowance) due when employee is on annual leave?
- Can we continue to pay a set fee for sleep-in shifts as a result of the recent Mencap case?
- What is an employer’s obligation to make reasonable adjustments when undisclosed by employee during initial application?
- Employee caught breaking lockdown rules on social media, can employer require a COVID test from them before returning to work?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.