What can we expect from a HMRC NMW inspection?Posted in : Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion on 7 June 2019
We've been informed by HMRC, they're coming in to conduct a national minimum wage inspection. What can we expect and how can we prepare?
Scott: At least they told them.
Seamus: Yeah, well, that's a good heads-up, I mean, to take a frank and honest approach. I've never really had to legally be involved in an inspection that's taking place. That's probably more of what an accountant would do. And certainly . . .
Scott: And you've got good clients, so they . . .
Seamus: Well, they tend to be, although it doesn't be a bad time whenever sometimes clients
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More from Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion
- Dealing with New Evidence Arising at an Appeal Hearing
- Can employers take disability and maternity-related absence into account when calculating an individual’s bonus payments?
- Impact of Lee v United Kingdom Case to ECHR
- An employee is required to make ad hoc business journeys for which we repay in business mileage, must they have business cover on their car insurance?
- Do IR35 Rules only apply to contractors and workers in case they're third party? We employ the services of locums, who are self-employed. Does it apply in that case?"
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.