If redundancies are likely in Factory A, can the employer transfer employees to Factory B?Posted in : Seamus Says - Employment Law Discussion on 5 October 2018
Q: If there is the potential for redundancies in Factory A, can the employer transfer employees to Factory B?
Scott: This question involves two factories. They're about 25-30 miles apart and there are production level differences.
It's really a question of if the redundancies have to come in or cutbacks have to come in in one plant, in Plant A, say, does the employer have the right to transfer employees into Plant B where there may be a need to increase production? It's not a reasonable request or if there were redundancies, could somebody say, "Look, I'm not going from A to B," or vice
Already a subscriber?
Click here to login and access the full article.Log in now to read the full article
Don't miss out, start your free trial today!
Are you fully aware of the benefits of Legal-Island's Employment Law Update Service? We help hundreds of people like you understand how the latest changes in employment law impact on your business.
Help understand the ramifications of each important case from NI, GB and Europe
24/7 access to all the content in the Legal Island Vault for research case law and HR issues
Ensure your organisation’s policies and procedures are fully compliant with NI law
Receive free preliminary advice on workplace issues from the employment team at Worthingtons Solicitors
More on Redundancy & Reorganisation
- If a seconded employee can't return to their role due to a downturn, are others at risk of redundancy?
- Does probationary period law and practice apply to staff redeployed for ill-health or organisational change?
- In a redundancy situation, are workers with less than one year’s service counted for the purposes of triggering statutory collective consultation obligations?
- If an employee on maternity leave is made redundant, does her former employer have a continuing obligation to pay her statutory maternity pay?
- What is 'reasonable alternative employment' in a redeployment situation?
The information in this article is provided as part of Legal-Island's Employment Law Hub. We regret we are not able to respond to requests for specific legal or HR queries and recommend that professional advice is obtained before relying on information supplied anywhere within this article.