ELearning Marketing Officer
Legal Island is on the lookout for a talented, creative Marketing Officer to join the Team. We are a multi-award-winning workplace compliance company, working across both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, and we want to find the right person to join us to promote our market-leading eLearning courses.
The ELearning Marketing Officer will work closely with the Marketing Manager, as well as with departments across the company, to create and run engaging marketing campaigns to reach our target audience, and attract new customers.
We're looking for a creative thinker who is brimming with ideas and isn't afraid to get stuck in!
The role will involve:
- Delivering digital marketing campaigns for Legal Island's eLearning across both Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland, using a variety of tools including websites, emails, videos and social media.
- Creating engaging content for a range of media (website, email marketing, videos, social media etc.)
- Responsibility for website updates - ensuring that all websites have accurate, up-to-date information. This involves using our Content Management Systems and liaising with web agencies.
- Responsibility for the ELearning database - ensuring accurate and up-to-date information.
- Optimising website content to facilitate an increase in high-quality traffic from search engines.
- Analysis and reporting of marketing statistics including data on sales, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, email marketing reports etc
- Design and Print management - briefing designers, copywriting, proofing, sourcing print quotes, prioritising tasks and ensuring the smooth process from brief to delivery of all marketing collateral.
- Researching and brainstorming new marketing channels.
- Liaising with heads of department and other business managers.
- Liaising with external partners, including digital agency, graphic design, printers, exhibitors and, at times, event speakers and authors.
- Managing sponsorship relationships.
- Attending events as an ambassador of Legal Island to promote eLearning.
- Contributing to marketing and sales initiatives for ELearning, as well as for Events and the Employment Law Hub on occasion.
Legal Island is a proud holder of the Platinum Investors in People award, and we believe that our people and their achievements are at the core of Legal Island. We pride ourselves on having an inclusive, supportive work culture, as well as investing in the training and development of all our staff, we are also planning to trial the 4 Day Working Week from January 2023.
Responsible to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Salary: On application
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm (though a 4 day week to be trialed from Jan 2023 for 6 months)
Location: Hybrid – Mixture of working from home and from the office at Legal Island, Island House, 5 Steeple Road, Antrim, BT41 1DN
- 3 A Levels or equivalent with GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics at grade C or above
- Tech savvy (inc experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Understanding of online marketing platforms and concepts
- Good knowledge of social media channels - in particular Facebook and Instagram.
- Good financial awareness, budgeting, and planning skills
- 3rd level qualification in a marketing or other relevant subject
- Professional qualification from The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Understanding of how to optimise a webpage for SEO
- Good knowledge LinkedIn marketing
- 1+ year of experience working in a successful team within a marketing environment
- Experience in understanding a brand tone of voice and following brand guidelines.
- Proven experience of working to a given brief, to a tight timeframe and with excellent results
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Previous experience of delivering digital marketing campaigns
- 2+ years’ experience in a B2B marketing role (university placement year acceptable)
- Experience using a CMS to maintain and optimise a website
- Marketing database management
- Ability to think and write creatively, including having excellent spelling and grammar
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to think creatively and use initiative to overcome obstacles combined with a positive can-do attitude
- A willingness to lead when required and contribute to all meetings, team events and the development of the company
- Being prepared to take complete ownership of your role, tasks & responsibilities
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the marketing work of the business.
- Strong people skills
- Commitment to Legal Island’s values, culture and employee principles
- Knowledge of marketing automation
- Knowledge of Canva or other design software
- Analysis and reporting using data from Google Analytics, Google Search Console and email marketing software
- Full Driving Licence is a plus
Circumstances - Willingness to attend events in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland which may involve overnight stays
- Company pension contribution
- Westfield Health
- Private Medical Insurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Yearly “Annual Review Bonus Scheme”
- Generous leave 24 days’ leave each year (pro rata) calculated on a full working week of five days in addition to your statutory public and bank holidays. In addition to the 24 days, all staff receive one further day off on their birthday.
- An extra day’s leave will be granted to employees who have completed 2 years service and a further additional day’s leave will be granted to employees who have completed 5 years service with the Company.
- Staff outings and ad hoc perks
Legal Island reserves the right to apply an enhanced shortlist criteria
To apply please send your CV, along with a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience fit with the job description and what your current salary is, to Donna Kirkpatrick at email@example.com, by 5pm on Monday, October 31st, 2022.
Interviews will be held w/c 14th Nov and w/c 21 Nov.