Legal Island is on the lookout for a talented and experienced Events Manager to join our Team. We are a multi-award-winning workplace compliance company, working across both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, and we want to find the right person to join us to lead and manage all our events – both online and in person, throughout the Island of Ireland.
The Events Manager will work closely with the Marketing Team and Knowledge Team, as well as with departments across the company, to successfully deliver first class events to our customers.
About the Role
Legal Island has been running employment law and workplace events for HR Professionals across Ireland for the last 25 years. During the Covid pandemic, we successfully moved our events from in-person to online using the platforms Hopin and Zoom. As we celebrate our 25th anniversary this year, we are now moving towards a mix of both online and in person events and as we do so we are looking for an Events Manager to lead and manage both these events and our events team.
At Legal Island we are committed to delivering a first-class customer experience and service. As the Events Manager you will be responsible for ensuring this is evident, working with the Legal Island Knowledge Team, the Marketing Team and external stakeholders (including speakers and venues) to ensure the successful delivery of all events, whilst reporting into the Managing Director.
As the role has responsibility for managing events across the Island of Ireland, the successful candidate must be available to travel to Belfast and Dublin for overnight stays, have a full driving licence and access to a car.
It will be your responsibility to:
1. Lead the planning for all events. This involves:
a. Setting planning deadlines for Legal Island departments
b. Working with internal and external stakeholders to set dates for events and deadlines in the run up to events.
c. Managing your own team to ensure they are fully up to speed with deadlines and tasks
d. Managing speakers and contributors of events in a professional and polite manner to ensure all their materials are submitted and deadlines are met.
e. Lead meetings, prepare, plan, and execute all events – with specific attention on the idea generation, planning and execution of our flagship events, the Annual Reviews of Employment Law.
2. To provide an excellent customer experience to all Legal Island event attendees. This involves:
a. Managing and overseeing all event communications to customers – pre and post event.
b. Managing your own team to ensure they are fully up to speed with deadlines and tasks.
c. Ensuring that all Legal Island teams are briefed on their role within each event.
d. To attend Legal-Island events, overnighting as and when required.
e. To meet and greet delegates at every event, dealing with all enquiries and troubleshooting on day of the event.
f. To lead a hosting team that delivers high quality service at larger events as standard.
3. Understand the business and company goals. This involves:
a. Contributing your suggestions to succeeding in hitting event targets.
b. Be open to all learning and growth opportunities.
It will be your responsibility to:
1. Manage the performance and development of the Events Team. This includes:
a. The Events Executive - The Events Executive works closely with the Event Manager on all technical aspects of the event, liaising with speakers to set up speaker tests and being the main technical support on online event days as well as hosting at larger in person events.
b. The Business Support Executive - The Business Support Executive is responsible for the administration of all Legal Island events. They organise all pre and post event delegate communications, send invoices, deal with customer queries, tech support and any other administrative requirements. They are also responsible for the customer administration and invoicing of the subscription based Legal Island Employment Law Hub
Whilst the Events Team does comprise of an Event Executive who focuses on the digital platforms and speaker tests, you will be expected to:
1. Understand and be able to operate the online platforms used (Hopin and Zoom) and be technically savvy. You will liaise with online platform providers to ensure the best service is provided. You will be responsible for event set up and live event support, providing technical support and guidance.
This role requires a responsible and detail-oriented individual who can work in an agile environment. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment are critical components of this role.
You must be prepared to take ownership of this role and be a team player with excellent communication skills.
Responsible to: Managing Director
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm (35 hours per week) 4 Day Work Week to be trialled for 6 months from Jan – June 2023.
Location: Hybrid – Mixture of working from home and from the office at Legal Island, Island House, 5 Steeple Road, Antrim, BT41 1DN
Candidates must be able to show in CV how they meet the Essential Criteria.
1. 3rd level qualification and 3 years' work experience in an event management role
OR 5 years' work experience in an event management role.
2. In-depth understanding of the entire event management process, including planning, development, and deployment.
3. Strong financial awareness, budgeting, and event planning skills.
4. Technically proficient – have strong technical skills (including Microsoft) and virtual event platform experience (Zoom).
5. Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both with internal and external clients – good influencing and negotiation skills.
6. People Management experience.
7. Highly organised with a desire to provide high quality work every time.
8. Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the event management work of the business.
9. Share the company values of learning, integrity, respect, inclusivity, courage and kindness.
10. Full Driving Licence with ownership of a car and ability to travel and overnight for events.
• Company pension contribution
• Westfield Health
• Private Medical Insurance
• Annual Profit Share Scheme
• Yearly “Annual Review Bonus Scheme”
• Generous leave 24 days’ leave each year (pro rata) calculated on a full working week of five days in addition to your statutory public and bank holidays. In addition to the 24 days, all staff receive one further day off on their birthday.
• An extra day’s leave will be granted to employees who have completed 2 years service and a further additional day’s leave will be granted to employees who have completed 5 years service with the Company.
• Staff outings and ad hoc perks
Legal-Island is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com
Closing date – Friday 24th March 5pm